Registered Adult nurse with 20 years Acute NHS experience currently working as a Tissue Viability Clinical Nurse Specialist for an Acute NHS Trust. Competent in all aspects of wound care including negative pressure wound therapy, conservative sharp debridement, open abdomen management, leg ulcer management including Doppler assessment, pressure ulcer categorising, prevention and management utilising advanced assessment skills.
- Experience in pressure ulcer investigation and route cause analysis.
- Experience in writing and developing local policies and guidelines.
- Mentored and assessed students through Tissue Viability University modules.
- Auditing and reporting on pressure ulcers. Aiming to reduce the number of hospital acquired pressure ulcers, raising awareness among staff and providing education for clinical areas.
- Recently redeployed to Intensive care as part of the response to COVID 19.